Contracts Manager – Civil
Recruitment for Contracts Manager – Civil for Oman
FREE RECRUITMENT & TELEPHONIC INTERVIEW
About Company : A Leading Oman based company and provider of integrated building, infrastructure and engineering solutions. The group was established in 1975 in response to the growing needs of the infrastructure and construction developments in Oman. Over the years, the group has earned a reputation of delivering high quality service in a timely manner. They have undertaken many vital construction projects that have contributed to the development of the local infrastructure and also registered as an“Excellent Grade” company with the Tender Board of Oman & is also certified by the Quality Management Standard ISO 9001:2008.
|Qualification and Specification||Graduate in any engineering discipline|
|Experience Required||>15 years|
|GCC experience required||>5 years|
|Job Description||· Update self with current trends, new materials, suppliers and service providers.
· Promote company’s image & generate goodwill with the suppliers and subcontractors by equitable and fair dealings.
· Ensure all the functions for smooth running of the organization are properly manned and monitored
· Recommend tenders published by the Tender Board / Ministries / Private Parties Consultants for participation. Develop the quoting norms and standards for estimation.
· Provide technical and commercial support for competitive bidding. Analyze the reasons for successful as well as unsuccessful bids. Ensure correctness & timely submission of tender.
· Implement Quality Management System and HSE system in the Department. Review and approve departmental Work Instructions periodically.Participate in Management Review Meetings.
· Implement proper correction & corrective actions for the CARs raised. Implement proper preventive actions for the anticipated problems. Evaluate and negotiate the quotations submitted by suppliers/ subcontractors.
· Co-ordinate with Purchasers to ensure right material / Services with correct specifications, adequate cost is procured and delivered as per schedule.
· Approve & build reliable supplier/subcontractor base to furnish good quality material/ services at reasonable prices.
· Monitor Approved Supplier List. Review material, plant and equipment selection for technical suitability and cost implications.
· Allocate manpower and other resources to enable timely completion of projects. Monitor periodically progress and successful completion of projects as per the project plan.
· Develop and monitor the norms of labour and plant output. Approve contract review form. Co-ordinate between cross functional departments for smooth functioning. Approve suppliers’ / sub-contractors’ and their invoices.
· Monitor invoicing and collection of payments / receivables. Monitor progress of work for each contract / order including proper handling of variations to contract / order.
· Encourage implementation of new techniques and tools in the execution of work.